1 Elements and Case Citations
See Chapters 17 & 20 (Libel and Slander) for elements of pleading those claims.
Slander per se consists of any one of the following:
- Statement charging an individual with a serious crime;
- Statement that tends to injure another in his or her trade, business, or profession;
- Statement that claims an individual has a loathsome disease; or
- Statement imputing unchastity to a woman.
Subscribers To The New York Litigation Guide Can See:
- The rest of the elements for this cause of action;
- The citations to the most recent state and federal court cases citing the cause of action;
- The statute of limitations; and
- The defenses to this cause of action.