1 Elements and Case Citations
- A bona fide justiciable and substantial controversy exists;
- Between parties with adverse legal interests as to either present or prospective obligations;
- A judgment would serve a useful purpose in clarifying or settling the legal issues; and
- A judgment would finalize the controversy and offer relief from uncertainty.
Subscribers To The New York Litigation Guide Can See:
- The rest of the elements for this cause of action;
- The citations to the most recent state and federal court cases citing the cause of action;
- The statute of limitations; and
- The defenses to this cause of action.