1 Elements and Case Citations
Any writing, to be a negotiable instrument, must
- be signed by the maker or drawer; and
- contain an unconditional promise or order to pay a sum certain in money and no other promise, order, obligation or power given by the maker or drawer except as authorized by Article 3 of the NY UCC; and
- be payable on demand or at a definite time; and
- be payable to order or to bearer.
Subscribers To The New York Litigation Guide Can See:
- The rest of the elements for this cause of action;
- The citations to the most recent state and federal court cases citing the cause of action;
- The statute of limitations; and
- The defenses to this cause of action.