1 Elements and Case Citations
To establish a prima facie case of bad faith against a primary insurer, the plaintiff or excess insurer must show:
- The primary insurer exhibited a ‘gross disregard’ for the interests of the plaintiff or excess insurer under New York’s multi-factor test; and
- This gross disregard caused the loss of an actual opportunity to settle within the primary policy limit.
Subscribers To The New York Litigation Guide Can See:
- The rest of the elements for this cause of action;
- The citations to the most recent state and federal court cases citing the cause of action;
- The statute of limitations; and
- The defenses to this cause of action.
Subscribe to The New York Litigation Guide To Access Everything!
Click Here To See A Sample Chapter From The Guide