1 Elements and Case Citations
- The defendant and the tortfeasor employee were in employer-employee relationship;
- The defendant knew of the tortfeasor’s propensity to commit the tortious act or should have known of such propensity had the defendant conducted an adequate hiring procedure;
- The defendant hired, supervised and/or retained the employee despite his propensity to commit the tortious act;
- The plaintiff suffered damages proximately caused by the defendant’s negligent hiring or supervision; and
- The tort was committed on Defendant’s premises or using Defendant’s instrumentalities.
Subscribers To The New York Litigation Guide Can See:
- The rest of the elements for this cause of action;
- The citations to the most recent state and federal court cases citing the cause of action;
- The statute of limitations; and
- The defenses to this cause of action.