1 Elements and Case Citations
To establish a breach of promissory note, plaintiff must demonstrate: .
- Existence of a promissory note;
- Executed by the defendant;
- Note contains an unconditional and unambiguous promise to pay a specified sum on a specified date and is an instrument of money only;
- Failure by defendant to pay in accordance with the terms.
Subscribers To The New York Litigation Guide Can See:
- The rest of the elements for this cause of action;
- The citations to the most recent state and federal court cases citing the cause of action;
- The statute of limitations; and
- The defenses to this cause of action.