1 Elements and Case Citations
- Defendant owed a duty to plaintiff to protect the plaintiff from a particular injury or damage;
- Defendant breached this duty;
- Defendant’s breach was the proximate cause of injury or damage to plaintiff; and
- Plaintiff suffered damages caused by the breach.
Subscribers To The New York Litigation Guide Can See:
- The rest of the elements for this cause of action;
- The citations to the most recent state and federal court cases citing the cause of action;
- The statute of limitations; and
- The defenses to this cause of action.