1 Elements and Case Citations
- The plaintiff and defendant were parties to a contract;
- The defendant acted in a manner that, although not expressly forbidden by any contractual provision, acted to deprive the plaintiff of the right to receive the benefits under their agreement;
- The implied promise is not contrary to any express provision in the contract; and
- The alleged breach is not a breach of an express provision in the contract.
Subscribers To The New York Litigation Guide Can See:
- The rest of the elements for this cause of action;
- The citations to the most recent state and federal court cases citing the cause of action;
- The statute of limitations; and
- The defenses to this cause of action.