1 Elements and Case Citations
- Defendant made a statement of fact that is:
- Published to a third party without authorization or privilege;
- Either constitutes defamation per se or which causes special damage; and
- The defendant’s fault in publishing the statement amounts to at least negligence.
Subscribers To The New York Litigation Guide Can See:
- The rest of the elements for this cause of action;
- The citations to the most recent state and federal court cases citing the cause of action;
- The statute of limitations; and
- The defenses to this cause of action.