1 Elements and Case CitationsA parent is not liable for the torts of a minor child, except:
“(1) Where the relationship of master and servant exists and the child is acting within the scope of his authority accorded by the parent;
(2) where a parent is negligent in intrusting to the child an instrument which, because of its nature, use, and purpose, is so dangerous as to constitute, in the hands of the child, an unreasonable risk to others;
(3) where a parent is negligent in intrusting to the child an instrumentality which, though not necessarily a dangerous thing of itself, is likely to be put to a dangerous use because of the known propensities of the child;
Subscribers To The New York Litigation Guide Can See:
- The rest of the elements for this cause of action;
- The citations to the most recent state and federal court cases citing the cause of action;
- The statute of limitations; and
- The defenses to this cause of action.
LIMITED TIME OFFER:
***GET 50% OFF OF YOUR FIRST YEAR OF THE NYLG SUBSCRIPTION WITH THE CODE: “FY2499” ON CHECKOUT:***
The code will change the price to $24.99 as a one time purchase. Next year at renewal time, the normal price of $49.99 will be charged automatically.