1 Elements and Case Citations
The tort has four elements:
- extreme and outrageous conduct;
- intent to cause, or disregard of a substantial probability of causing, severe emotional distress;
- a causal connection between the conduct and injury; and
- severe emotional distress.
Subscribers To The New York Litigation Guide Can See:
- The rest of the elements for this cause of action;
- The citations to the most recent state and federal court cases citing the cause of action;
- The statute of limitations; and
- The defenses to this cause of action.
Subscribe to The New York Litigation Guide To Access Everything!
Click Here To See A Sample Chapter From The Guide