1 Elements and Case Citations
A plaintiff alleging negligent retention must show:
- The tort-feasor and the defendant were in an employer-employee relationship;
- The employer knew or should have known of the employee’s propensity for the conduct which caused the injury prior to the injury’s occurrence; and
- The tort was committed on the employer’s premises or with the employer’s chattels
Subscribers To The New York Litigation Guide Can See:
- The rest of the elements for this cause of action;
- The citations to the most recent state and federal court cases citing the cause of action;
- The statute of limitations; and
- The defenses to this cause of action.
LIMITED TIME OFFER:
***GET 50% OFF OF YOUR FIRST YEAR OF THE NYLG SUBSCRIPTION WITH THE CODE: “FY2499” ON CHECKOUT:***
The code will change the price to $24.99 as a one time purchase. Next year at renewal time, the normal price of $49.99 will be charged automatically.